Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Flintstones!

 Our family had a Halloween party this weekend and so I got to work on our costumes. I love costumes that tie the whole family together. This year I thought we would be the Flintstones! So off I went to the craft store to purchase the appropriate things to make these costumes. Now I like to look very similar to the characters or themes that I choose. However, I did need to accomplish this while staying modest with everyone :).  So here is my Modest Flintstones! 

1. I bought just some plain t-shirts in the correct color (orange, green, and white), some black felt, some blue pants for little M. (She had nothing blue lol), and the hubby used a blue tie he had in his closet.


(Apparently I only took pictures of little m's stuff and none of the others before the project) 

2. So I started with Pebbles. Little M. is really small and I didn't want to buy a nice shirt just to cut it up. So I bought a shirt from the craft store and just raised the hem and cut off the sleeves. Then I took my felt and cut it into little triangles. 

Then I placed the triangles where I wanted on the shirt and pined them. 


Finally I sewed all of the individual triangles on to the shirt. 


(I cut the sleeves of the shirt after I took all the pictures)

Then I took a piece of cardboard and cut out the shape of a bone. I cover this bone in white paper and then hot glued a hair clip to the back. 





3. Then I moved onto Fred Flintstone. 

I cut up the bigger triangles for this costume and did the same procedure as I did with pebbles. At the end I took the bottom of the shirt and cut it up. 




4. Then I moved on to Wilma. I actually Didn't take pictures of Wilma because I finished wilma like 3 minutes before we left for the party lol. I just took the bottom of a white shirt and cut it up, wore pearls, and my hair in a bun. 

And here is the final look! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment