Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Writters Blogging Block

WRITERS BLOGGING BLOCK is a condition, associated with writing a blog, in which a blogger loses the ability to produce anything that evokes any humor. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in being humorous. At the other extreme, some "Blocked" bloggers have not been unable to ever entertain anyone again. It can manifest as the affected blogger viewing their posts as dull or lifeless, when in fact it could be the opposite. There are some symptoms of this condition listed below. If you have any of these symptoms please visit other bloggers immediately to see if you can find any inspiration.

- May have 3-5 new posts saved as drafts, but can not post them as they are not "good enough".

- May lay awake at night after checking their blog thinking they really should update their blog. BUT WITH WHAT!

- May try to be finding humor in things that are in fact very boring.

- May not have updated their blog in quite a while.

- May have slight jealousy towards other bloggers who seem to never run out of anything to say.

I have decided that I am afflicted with this illness hopefully only temporarily. Please hold while I search for something to write about. I have a feeling it will be tomorrow or maybe the next day but its coming!



6 comments:

  1. oh man. I've so been there! It's like all this pressure to produce. And who wants to hear about how much laundry I did today, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the perfect way for you to get over your writer's block...participate in my service boot camp going on over at my blog...the details are all here on my giveaway announcement post!

    come join me! http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2010/05/service-boot-camp-giveaway-write-it-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, I am there with you. I often find that my life is pretty lame and boring these days (most days, actually). I know how you feel. As a side note, your Etsy stuff is SO DANG CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know it strikes us all. Hang in there kid, we'll be here for you. At least you're funny when you're blocked!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear we have all been there!

    I'm stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

    ReplyDelete