Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Closet

I may or may not be feeling extremely lazy recently. This may be why I have not posted since Thursday. Or maybe that's why the laundry is not done. None the less I am back.

Today started off pretty good took a trip to Costco with a friend. I came home and did not feel any motivation to do anything. After a while I finally got up some motivation and cleaned out my closet!! Hooray!!

Three months ago I organized my closet to try and get rid of some clothes. If you are like me you can not part with clothing easily. The conversations that go on in my head I am sure would be very entertaining.

Me: I haven't worn these pants since we got married and there is no way I will ever fit these pants again. I should throw these away.

Hoarder in Me: But you wore these pants on the day you went ring shopping with Tyler. How could you possibly be thinking about throwing these away!

Me: I really don't think I should keep this hoodie it has a picture of Tiger on it. I am trying to look more like a grown up. ( I am sick of people commenting on how hard it is to be a teen mom. I AM NOT A TEEN MOM.)

Hoarder in Me: But what if all 12 of your other hoodies are dirty and you need one. You DO NOT want to run out of hoodies.

Me: This jacket is pink its pink why do you have this jacket! It has the tags on it still and you have never worn it ever.

Hoarder in Me: But someone gave you this jacket and when they bought it I am sure it was expensive. Maybe some day I will find a use for this jacket.

So to fight this inner battle 3 months ago I separated all my clothing on to two racks. One rack was for clothes I was going to keep and the other was the ones I couldn't decide on.

Today was the day I went into my closet with no remorse. I had not worn any of these items of clothing for 3 months! I do not need this clothing! I just took 90% of these items and threw them in the donation pile. I did keep some of the items that I just couldn't decide on. I know I know I should just get rid of them but I can't bring myself to purge that much.

Here is to spring cleaning!

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from SITS! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SITS and wishing you a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my Hubs is a bit of a hoarder and i think he must have 100 pairs of socks all spilling out of his drawer. How in the world he ever thought he needed that many I don't know.

    Stopping by form SITS. Good job on the closet clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!

    I, too, have to fight the hoarder in me. LOL. I am a new follower! Great writing!


    Stop by and enter a giveaway for some wonderful Eco-Friendly Peter Rabbit Products (include book, rattle, lotion, and wash)http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/05/eco-friendly-peter-rabbit-organic.html
    There is also a discount code for Molly’s Money Saving Digest (packed full of useful information and recipes!)
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/05/mollys-money-saving-digest.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. im stopping by from sits...i so need to do this too. i hang on to waaay to many things ill never wear

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem with not being able to part with certain clothing items "just in case" I may want to wear it some day. But, I love the days where I just don't care and throw it all out! I always feel so much better after I do that and find that I don't miss any of those items.

    Stopping over from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA! I'm glad I'm not the only super hoarder! I keep EVERYTHING.

    Found you over at MMB and subscribed! You are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. at least, you were able to start something. funny, my hubby thinks i dont have a problem with hoarding. he says i throw out stuff all the time with no remorse or second thought. he, on the other hand....

    happy SITS sharefest :)

    ReplyDelete